CRITERIA FOR SELECTING THE HOMES WE SUPPORT:
Of the thousands of orphans and childrens homes in the developing world, some are very well run, and some very poorly run. The former are run by very dedicated, loving people who are raising the children in a loving, caring family environment; educating them through college or university; and preparing them for successful productive lives. APCF is presently supporting eight such homes with others under consideration.
There are also very poorly run orphan and children homes in the developing world, which are no more than holding tanks to keep the children off the streets. At these homes there is very little teaching, nurturing, love or compassion; only minimal education – with no plans for college/university. Some orphans and childrens homes in the developing world actually experience physical or sexual abuse of the children, in addition to waste, mismanagement, or theft of funds by leaders.
APCF is only interested in finding and supporting (i.e., “partnering with”) orphans and childrens homes in the first category. Each home under evaluation for support will be visited and continually evaluated in depth by APCF staff members.
SPECIFIC CRITERIA TO BE CONSIDERED:
THE HOME MUST PROVIDE:
· A safe, loving, nurturing environment for children who have known much pain and wounding
· The teaching of life principles
· Education opportunities through university or vocational school
· Education in English literacy (essential for future employment)
· The basics: shelter, food, clothing, medical care.
· A loving, family-type setting which can serve to “give back” the children’s “lost” childhoods.
Each home will be evaluated regarding their handling of finances, organization, integrity, personal interaction with the children, personal and spiritual maturity, educational plans for the children, and the atmosphere of the home.
Make a difference » Donate Today